The church is a Baroque style building ascribed to José Sierra. It is in the old walled part of the town, just beside the Orduña House.
The church was built between 1740 and 1753 on the plot of land where the temple dating from the Christian Conquest (XIII century) used to be.
The church was burnt and looted during the Spanish Civil War
It was altered in 1962 - its length shortened, ground floor changed, the cupola and the transept removed.
Between 1995 and 1996 renovation and interior decoration were carried out in order to preserve the building.